Important GK Question and Answers for all competitive Exams in Karnataka
- Who established the Vijayanagar empire in Karnataka.
Ans:- Harihara and Bukka in 14th century
- Who is the founder of Kadamba dynasty.
- Who is the current Chief Justice of the Karnataka High Court as of 2017.
Ans:- Subhro Kamal Mukherjee
- When did Karnataka formed as a partial state of India.
Ans:- 1 November, 1956
- In which war the Tiger of Mysore Tipu Sultan was killed by the British.
Ans:- In the Battle of Srirangapatnam in 1799
- Who was the first Wadiyar ruler of Mysore.
Ans:-Yaduraya Wodeyar was the first monarch from 1399 to 1423
- When the State of Mysore renamed as Karnataka.
- Who was the last ruler of famous Kingdom of Mysore.
Ans:-Maharaja Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar Bahadur was the last ruler of Kingdom of Mysore(former karnataka) from 1940-1950. He was also the founder-president of Vishva Hindu Parishad.
- The historical haridasa movement was flourished during the reign of which Carnatic empire.
Ans:-Vijayanagar empire(between 13th-14th century).
- Who was the real founder of the South Indian Chalukya Dynasty
- Kudremukh mountain peak which is a famous tourist spot located in which district of Karnataka.
- Who is the longest-serving 8th Chief Minister of Karnataka.
Ans:-D. Devaraj Urs
- Who is regarded as the founder-king of South Indian Rashtrakuta Dynasty.
- Who served as first Chief Minister of Karnataka.
Ans:-K. Chengalaraya Reddy (Period of 1952-1957)
- How many districts are there in Karnataka.
- The famous historical place of Hampi which is a World Heritage Site located in which district of Karnataka.
- What was the capital of Chalukya Dynasty.
- Where the Bahubali statue is found.
- Where is the Indian Institute of Technology located at.
Ans:-Dharwad, Karnataka (Founded by Central govt of India in 2015)
- Nagarhole National Park is located in which district of Karnataka.
Ans:- Kodagu district
- Which place in Karnataka is an World Heritage Site built by the Chalukya & Rashtrakuta empire of ancient Karnataka.
Ans:-Group of temples at Pattadakal
- Which is the 1897’s historical Carnatic architecture built for the Wodeyar dynasty rulers.
Ans:-Mysore Palace(It is one of the most attractive tourist spot in Karnataka)
- Which place is the largest and capital city in Karnataka.
- What is the 1656’s famous deccan architecture that dedicated to Mohammed Adil Shah
Ans:- Gol Gumbaz of Bijapur,Karnataka